3 Ways To Nail Your Online Impression
Here at my web design studio, my goal is to craft a favorable first impression for my clients. In order to create a great first impression, you first have to keep your website visitor’s attention.
Studies show that humans have an average attention span of just 7 seconds while looking at a website. Looking at large blocks of text, an ugly website and inconsistent branding can be a real turn off. Avoid those mistakes by following these tips.
Here's 3 Ways To Nail Your Online Impression
1. Break Up Wordy Content
Have you ever been googling information and gotten to an article which is just a large block of text? What do you do if you are in a rush and don’t have time to read and sift through the text? You go somewhere else.
Content needs to be broken up into small, skim-able sections, allowing your website visitors to quickly find the information they need.
01. Utilize subheadings to allow users to scan your website, efficiently finding the valuable information they are searching for.
02. Lists, much like this one keep information to the point and easy to snack on during a lunch break.
03. Include white space between ideas to allow for some visual breathing room.
2. Use Beautiful Imagery and Video
Did you know that the average web user spends 88% more time on a website with a video?
Having a visually appealing website with professional photography will take your website far.
Pro Tip: Try to incorporate images along with text like I did for this resume. Creating a timeline with icons allows the user to interact with the content, instead of just read a boring block of text.
3. Keep Your Branding Consistent
01. Start with an effective logo that tells your story through thoughtful imagery and typography.
02. Use your logo everywhere. Have it on all of your social media accounts, business cards, packaging, and of course on your website.
03. Having your logo on the channels listed above allows you to interact with clients in different ways while still maintaining consistent branding.